Big Game Fishing Just Got a Lot Lighter.
In addition to the Quick-Shift™ 2-speed system, the Squall Lever Drag offers great fish fighting features. The lightweight graphite frame and sideplates house tough, machined stainless steel main and pinion gears that are drilled out for weight reduction. Four shielded stainless steel ball bearings deliver smooth cranking power and the Dura Drag system eliminates hesitation and surging under extreme drag settings.
The spool is made from forged and machined aluminum with the added touch of Line Capacity Rings to keep the angler in the know at a glance on how much line remains on the spool. The double dog ratchet anti reverse eliminates back-play in the handle and is twice as strong as a typical single dog system.
PENN Squall 50 VSW Lever Drag Overhead Reel Features:
- Lightweight graphite frame and sideplates
- Forged and machined aluminium spool
- Stainless steel main and pinion gear
- Dura drag washers virtually eliminate hesitation, even under extreme drag settings
- Quick shift 2 speed system
- 4 shielded stainless steel ball bearings
- Double-dog ratchet anti-reverse
- Line capacity rings
PENN Squall 50 VSW Lever Drag Overhead Reel Specifications:
- Mono capacity (yds/lb): 1550/30, 890/50, and 565/80
- Braid capacity (yds/lb): 2485/65, 2145/80, and 1835/100
- Bearings: 4
- Max drag: 30lbs/ 40lbs
- Gear ratio: 2.9:1, 1.5:1
- Line retrieve high/low: 33/17
- Weight: 55.6(oz)
PENN Bluewater Carnage rods are specifically designed around popular weight classes for NZ trolling conditions. Featuring lightweight graphite composite blanks, heavy duty stainless winch mounts, double anodised gimbal fittings and a long fighting fore grip coupled with slick butts the Carnage series is a bluewater weapon accessible to all NZ fisho’s. Match them up with PENN‘s Squall or Fathom reels and they become suitable for a variety of boat fishing styles from marlin to reef fishing.