The Okuma Cortez 5 and Tournament Concept Overhead rod Overhead Rod are designed to complement each other from colour-scheme to features. This combo is light, well balanced, durable and comfortable to use.
The Okuma Cortez Overhead Reel is a slim body high speed reel perfect for jigging, straylining and bottom bashing. Anodised and geared with carbonite drag systems, XL drop down gear boxes and ergo handles make this exciting range one to look out for.
Okuma Cortez Overhead Reel Features:
- Corrosion-resistant graphite frame and sideplates
- Stainless steel main gear and pinion gear
- Machined aluminium, anodized spool
- Multi-disc Carbonite drag system
- Forged aluminium, anodized star
- Anodised aluminium swept handle reduces wobble while cranking
- 4BB + 1RB stainless steel bearings
- MCS: External magnetic cast control system
- Ergo Grip handle knob
- Dual anti-reverse system (mechanical & roller bearing)
- XL Gearing: Oversized drop down gear box
- MSS: Mechanical Stabilizing System for increased durability
- Self-Lubricating Gear System
Okuma Cortez Overhead Reel Spefications:
- Model: CZ-5CSa
- Mono capacity (in/mm):
- Bearings: 4BB + 1RB
- Line retrieve: 38in
- Max drag: 15lb
- Gear ratio: 6.2:1
- Weight: 14oz
The tournament concept series of rods are built using Okuma’s patented unidirectional fibre reinforcement technology. These rods designed for the kiwi anglers by the team of composite developments, are manufactured using a patented process with an outer layer of longitudinal fibres around the the rod blank to significantly increase strength and power in the tip section. In practice this offers lifting power and strength up to four times conventional graphite rods. Okuma will not claim they are unbreakable but at least for tip loading these are one of the best we have seen and guides and seats are all good quality.
The Okuma Tournament Concept 7’0″ 6-10kg Casting Rod has a perfect action for straylining but works well for almost any kind of boat or kayak fishing, including slow jigging.
Okuma’s Unidirectional Fibre Reinforcement (UFR) technology: Breakthrough design in rod strength and sensitivity. This patented manufacturing process utilizes an outer layer of longitudinal fibres around the rod blank to significantly increase the rod’s strength and power in the tip section. These fibres also increase the rod’s lifting power and maximum strength of the rod by up to four times that of a standard rod blank. The end result is an extremely powerful and durable rod which anglers can use with confidence.
- Trigger Style Okuma Graphite Reel Seat
- Inlaid guides suitable for braided or nylon lines
- Orange over bound Guides in the tip section act as an indicator for your rod length and bite detection
- Hook Keeper
- EVA Front and rear grips, with split rear grips.
- Rubber Gimbal Knock
Length: 7’0″, 213cm
Power: Medium Light
Guides: 8 +1 Tip
Construction: 2 Piece
Recommended Line Class: 6-10kg
Fishing Style: Boat, Strayline