This is the top end set from PENN when it comes to heavy top water fishing. Both Rod and Reel are up to the task to fight the biggest fishes and throwing heavy poppers and stickbait with ease.
The PENN Slammer III is back by popular demand. Built for heavy-duty fishing from either boat or shore, and trusted by charter captains all over the world. The Slammer III reels feature PENN new IPX6 Sealed System which keeps water out of the gear box and drag system. PENN is also using the updated Slammer Drag System which now utilzes the proprietary Dura- Drag material.
- Full Metal Body, sideplate, and rotor
- CNC Gear™ technology
- IPX6 Sealed body and spool design
- Sealed Slammer® drag system with Dura-Drag™
- 6+1 stainless steel bearing system
- Manual bail trip
- Model: SLAIII6500
- Gear Ratio: 5.6:1
- Bearings: 8
- Weight: 24.3 oz
- Retrieve Rate: 107cm
- Max Drag: 18.1kg
- Braid Capacity Yd/lb: 485/30 410/40 355/50
Ocean Assassins are built using SLS3 construction. SLS3 construction uses inner and outer spiral wrap layers of carbon fibre to sandwich middle layers of alternating longitudinal carbon and glass. The spiral wraps maintain a round cross section in the blank when under load which helps the blank handle higher loads.
The middle layers of unidirectional carbon and glass create the backbone of the rod by utilizing the strength of glass combined with the lightweight of the carbon fibre to deliver a strong, balanced and thin rod blank.
Componentry is top notch with Fuji K Alconite guides, Fuji DPS reel seats featuring a machined and aluminium lock nut for improved reel security and contoured EVA grips for extreme comfort.
- High Modulus SLS Carbon Fibre Blank
- Inner & Outer Layer Graphite Spiral Wrap
- Fuji Alconite K-Guides
- Fuji DPS Graphite Reel Seat For Increased Blank Contact & Sensitivity
- Latest Machined Aluminum & Carbon Lock Nut For Improved Reel Fit
- Contoured EVA Grips For Better Ergonomics
- Fitted With High Quality Machined Aluminum & Graphite Fittings
- Model: POA-822XXH PE 6-8 SPIN
- Length: 8’2″
- Pieces: 2
- Action: Extra Extra Heavy
- Line Weight: PE 6-8
- Type: Topwater Spin