This overhead boat combo from PENN is perfect for the kiwi snapper and kingfish boat fishing. Light and tough gear, the way you expect it from PENN.
The PENN Squall II Star Drag is lightweight, quick on the retrieve, and extremely castable due to its revolutionary Live Spindle design. Now featuring PENN's proprietary Fast Gear Access Sideplate, the Squall II is more angler friendly than ever. The 15SD features upgraded spool bearings and a knob mag dial for ultimate control while casting.
- Graphite frame and sideplates
- High-strength marine grade bronze alloy main gear
- Stainless steel pinion gear
- Live Spindle with free floating spool
- Versa-Drag™ system with HT-100™ washers
- 6+1 shielded stainless steel ball bearings system
- Fast Gear Access Side Plate
- MODEL NUMBER: SQLII15SD
- BEARING COUNT: 7
- BRAID CAPACITY YD/LB: 550/20 415/30 290/50
- BRAKING SYSTEM: Magnetic
- COLOR: Black Gold
- DRAG TYPE: Star Drag
- GEAR RATIO: 6.1:1
- MAX DRAG LB: 20lb | 9.0kg
- MONO CAPACITY M/MM: 325/0.35 275/0.38 185/0.46
- MONO CAPACITY YD/LB: 355/12 305/15 200/20
- RECOVERY RATE: 29" | 74cm
- REEL SPOOL MATERIAL: Aluminum
The is designed specifically for kiwi boat fishing. This rod is built with quality EVA grips, Fuji aluminium oxide guides, and a 100% graphite blank for extreme durability in a lightweight and sensitive package.