New for the 2017/18 season, the tournament concept series of rods are built using Okuma’s patented unidirectional fibre reinforcement technology. These rods designed for the kiwi anglers by the team of composite developments, are manufactured using a patented process with an outer layer of longitudinal fibres around the the rod blank to significantly increase strength and power in the tip section. In practice this offers lifting power and strength up to four times conventional graphite rods. Okuma will not claim they are unbreakable but at least for tip loading these are one of the best we have seen and guides and seats are all good quality.
The Okuma Tournament Concept softbait 4-6kg softbait spin rod is suitable for softbait and skutes fishing.
- Okuma’s Unidirectional Fibre Reinforcement (UFR) technology: Breakthrough design in rod strength and sensitivity. This patented manufacturing process utilizes an outer layer of longitudinal fibres around the rod blank to significantly increase the rod’s strength and power in the tip section. These fibres also increase the rod’s lifting power and maximum strength of the rod by up to four times that of a standard rod blank. The end result is an extremely powerful and durable rod which anglers can use with confidence.
- Pipe Style Okuma Graphite Reel Seat
- Inlaid guides suitable for braided or nylon lines
- Orange over bound Guides in the tip section act as an indicator for your rod length and bite detection
- Hook Keeper
- EVA Front and rear grips, with split rear grips.
- Rubber Gimbal Knock
Power: Medium Light
Construction: 2 Piece
Recommended Line Class: 4-6kg
Fishing Style: Softbait, Skutes