The Okuma Metaloid Tournament Concept overhead jig combo is a very balanced and light set for your medium heavy mechanical jigging. The set performs well also in a multitude of other applications such as live baiting and any vertical fishing and deep dropping.
- Rigid 1-pcs frame and left sideplate construction
- 6061-T6 Machined aluminium frame and sideplates
- Cold forged, Type-II anodized, machined aluminium spool
- CRC: Corrosion Resistant Coating process
- 4 BB corrosion resistant stainless steel bearings
- Ergo Grip handle knob with anodized aluminium handle arm
- 17-4 grade stainless steel helical cut gearing
- Silent retrieve system for cranking smoothness
- Carbonite drag system with Cal’s drag grease
- Durable Ergo grip handle knobs
- On/Off bait clicker
Gear Ratio: 6.4:1
Ball Bearings: 4BB
Line Retrieve: 42.1″
– mm/m: 0.32/570, 0.37/400, 0.42/320
Max Drag @ Strike: 7kg
Max Drag @ Full: 11kg
New for the 2017/18 season, the tournament concept series of rods are built using Okuma’s patented unidirectional fibre reinforcement technology. These rods designed for the kiwi anglers by the team of composite developments, are manufactured using a patented process with an outer layer of longitudinal fibres around the the rod blank to significantly increase strength and power in the tip section. In practice this offers lifting power and strength up to four times conventional graphite rods. Okuma will not claim they are unbreakable but at least for tip loading these are one of the best we have seen and guides and seats are all good quality.
This Overhead Jig rod is a one piece 5’3″ for jig weights between 200-350g. A forgiving action makes it ideal for mechanical jigging beginners.
- Okuma’s Unidirectional Fibre Reinforcement (UFR) technology: Breakthrough design in rod strength and sensitivity. This patented manufacturing process utilizes an outer layer of longitudinal fibres around the rod blank to significantly increase the rod’s strength and power in the tip section. These fibres also increase the rod’s lifting power and maximum strength of the rod by up to four times that of a standard rod blank. The end result is an extremely powerful and durable rod which anglers can use with confidence.
- Palm Style Okuma Graphite Reel Seat
- Inlaid guides suitable for braided or nylon lines
- Hook Keeper
- EVA Front and rear grips, with split rear grips.
- Rubber Gimbal Knock
Length: 5’3″, 162cm
Power: Meduim Heavy
Guides: 7 +1 Tip
Jig Weight: 200-350g
Construction: 1 Piece
Recommended Line Class: 24-37kg, 50- 80lb
Fishing Style: Mechanical Jigging, Live Baiting