A brand new heavy topwater combo from Okuma, the topline gear.
Specifically designed for saltwater use, the new Cedros spinning reels feature Okuma’s Litecast construction design, Dual Force Drag System for extreme stopping power and our proprietary High Density Gearing with a special corrosion resistant coating. Combine this with a high-speed gear ratio and a customized aluminum handle and you have one of the best saltwater jig fishing reels on the market.
- DFD: Precision Dual Force Drag system
- Multi-disc drag adjustment for more precise settings
- Rigid and corrosion resistant Litecast construction
- CRC: Corrosion resistant coating process
- 6HPB + 1RB corrosion resistant stainless steel bearings
- Dual anti-reverse: Quick-Set and ratchet system
- Manual bail trip function for ultimate reliability
- HDGII: Corrosion resistant, High density gearing
- Precision machine cut brass pinion gear
- Machined aluminum, 2-tone anodized spool
- Model: CJ-14000
- Gear ratio: 5.4:1
- Bearings: 6BB+1RB
- Weight: 650g
- Retrive: 116cm
- Max drag: 20kg
- Line capacity(mm/m): 0.40/370, 0.45/290, 0.50/23
Designed specifically for throwing stickbaits for NZ kingfish, the Kotare topwater range is exceptionally lightweight yet incredibly powerful. Featuring Winn Grips, 46T graphite blanks and top of the line ALPS and Fuji componentry the Kotare topwater rods are super responsive and cast like a cannon, while the tip sections fold away to allow the angler to work any lure with ease. The UMR technology means you don’t sacrifice anything in terms of durability and the parabolic action means you can exert huge amounts of pressure on the fish while making it easier on the angler.
Kotare 8’3" PE5-8
A truly outstanding topwater rod for chasing kingfish around New Zealand’s coastline. The lightweight 46T carbon blank and ultra-comfortable Winn Grip foregrip makes casting and working small to medium sized stickbaits all day a breeze. At 8'3"ft in length it is a great option for both boat and land-based stickbaiting. With its softer tip and powerful mid and butt sections it will swim stickbaits throughout its weight range with ease, and has a huge amount of stopping power for turning big fish out of gnarly territory. Perfectly matched to a reel around the 10000-18000 size range and will tackle big kings around the country and tough topwater opponents like GTs around the globe.
- Super high-modulus 46T carbon blank
- Ultra Matrix Reinforcement to increase durability
- Win grip on foregrip
- Fuji reel seat
- ALPS SiC Guides
- Super lightweight and responsive
- Parabolic Action
- Model: OKROKTS832TW
- Type: Spin Topwater
- Rod Power: Medium Heavy
- Length: 8'3"
- Sections: 2
- Line Weight: PE5-8
- Guides: 5 + tip Fixed
- Componentry: Alps SiC