Topline slow pitch set. The weight, strength and feeling of the set will be hard to beat!
The latest member of the Okuma lever drag overhead reel family. A no nonsense reel made for big kingfish.
Okuma Cavalla Lever Drag Reel features rigid 1-pcs 6061-T6 machined aluminum frame and left side plate construction, carbonite drag system with Cal’s drag grease, and 17-4 grade stainless steel main and pinion gears.
- Rigid 1-pcs frame and left sideplate construction
- 6061-T6 Machined aluminum frame and sideplates
- 17-4 grade stainless steel main and pinion gears
- Carbonite drag system with Cal’s drag grease
- Cold forged, Type-II anodized, machined aluminum spool
- CRC: Corrosion Resistant Coating process
- 4 BB corrosion resistant stainless steel bearings
- Ergo Grip handle knob with anodized aluminum handle arm
- Silent retrieve system for cranking smoothness
- On/Off bait clicker for all lever drag models
- Model: CAV-5NS
- Ratio: 6.4:1
- Bearings: 4BB
- Weight: 440g
- Line retrieve: 107cm
- Max Drag: 11Kg
- Line capacity (mm/m): 0.32/385, 0.37/275, 0.42/225
Kotare is the Maori word for the sacred kingfisher bird. This bird inspired this purpose-built range of rods by being fast, light and purpose built.
New for 2020, the Kotare range has been developed to provide the highest level of performance in the Okuma range. This range of rods is made from the highest modulus carbon found and coupled with the best components it provides a lighter, stronger and more responsive rods that are designed for Kiwi’s by Kiwi’s. The 46T carbon construction is coupled with Okuma’s patented UMR (Ultimate Matrix Reinforcement) technology so while you maintain the sensitivity of a high modulus rod, you do not have to forgo on durability. Every rod has its limitations but with UMR, it maximises the performance of the materials adding enhanced reinforcing to vulnerable areas strengthening the overall action and minimizing weight.
The Kotare range is the flagship range for Okuma New Zealand and each and every rod has been designed and tested in New Zealand. These rods will impress!
- Super high-modulus 46T carbon blank
- Ultra Matrix Reinforcement to increase durability
- ALPS carbon fibre reel seat
- ALPS SiC Guides
- Super lightweight and responsive
- Actions tailored specifically to different types of slow jigs
- Model: OKROKTC642SP
- Type: Overhead Slow Pitch
- Rod Power: Medium
- Length: 6'4"
- Sections: 2
- Lure Weight: Up to 280g
- Line Weight: PE 1.5-4
- Number of Guides: 9+Tip
- Guides: Acid Wrap
- Componentry: Fuji
- Trigger grip