The Okuma Citrix reel and Tournament Concept 6’3″ Slow Jig rod is a perfect rod for slow jigging or micro jigging. The set will have the strength to catch snappers and kingfish, and you will have great fun while doing it.
Bold, in both design and its 6.4:1 high-speed gear ratio, the Okuma Citrix makes an aggressive statement by itself, and even more so when paired with a matching x-factor rod. The bold strength of Citrix’s Alumilite construction frame, A6061-T6 spool and multi-disc drag is tempered by the smooth handling of an eight bearing drive system, micro-click drag adjustment and ergonomic swept-in handle.
- ALC: Rigid diecast aluminum frame
- A6061-T6 machined aluminum, anodized V-shaped spool
- Multi-disc composite drag system
- 7BB+1RB bearing drive system
- Micro-click drag star for precise drag settings
- External adjustable centrifugal cast control system
- Quick-Set anti-reverse roller bearing
- Graphite side plates on both sides
- Easy change palm side plate access port
- Ergonomic handle design allows cranking closer to body
- Zirconium line guide inserts for use with braided line
- Gear ratio: 6.4:1
- Line capacity: 14lbs 230yrds
New for the 2017/18 season, the tournament concept series of rods are built using Okuma’s patented unidirectional fibre reinforcement technology. These rods designed for the kiwi anglers by the team of composite developments, are manufactured using a patented process with an outer layer of longitudinal fibres around the the rod blank to significantly increase strength and power in the tip section. In practice this offers lifting power and strength up to four times conventional graphite rods. Okuma will not claim they are unbreakable but at least for tip loading these are one of the best we have seen and guides and seats are all good quality.
The Okuma Tournament Concept 6’3″ 50-150g Overhead Rod has an action and length suitable for slow jigging. The guides are asymmetrical placed and turns the line to the towards the back side of the rod which increases the stability when fighting a fish.
- Okuma’s Unidirectional Fibre Reinforcement (UFR) technology: Breakthrough design in rod strength and sensitivity. This patented manufacturing process utilizes an outer layer of longitudinal fibres around the rod blank to significantly increase the rod’s strength and power in the tip section. These fibres also increase the rod’s lifting power and maximum strength of the rod by up to four times that of a standard rod blank. The end result is an extremely powerful and durable rod which anglers can use with confidence.
- Pipe Style Okuma Graphite Reel Seat
- Inlaid guides suitable for braided or nylon lines
- Orange over bound Guides in the tip section act as an indicator for your rod length and bite detection
- Hook Keeper
- EVA Front and rear grips, with split rear grips.
- Rubber Gimbal Knock
Guides: 9 +1 top
Construction: 1 Piece
Recommended Jig weight: 50-150g
Fishing Style: Overhead slow jigging